(This post contains affiliate links)
One of my preschoolers is really showing an interested in trying to form letters at the moment but isn’t quite there yet so I decided to create this themed worksheet for her to work on pencil control.
You will need:
- A writing pencil
- Click Clack MooPencil Control Worksheet Printable
Pencil control worksheets are a great idea for preschoolers that are starting to make more purposeful marks prior to beginning to write letters. There are so many fun printables out there in all kinds of different themes so you’re bound to find one that inspires your little one. Or why not make your own if you’re feeling crafty?
This worksheet also acted as a fun way to retell the story by helping the cow, the chicken and the duck to reach the typewriter as well as helping the farmer to get the milk and the eggs that he wanted.
Story sequencing is a great way to discuss the themes in a story and test little ones recall of what series of events happened.
Don’t forget to join in all the fun and get inspired by other parents and carers by joining the Kids Virtual Book Club Facebook Group and share your ideas.
More Farm Ideas from the Kids Virtual Book Club Co-Hosts:
- Alphabet – Farm First Word Sounds- Teach Beside Me, Farm Animal Letter Stamping – Mama Smiles and Click Clack Alphabet Letter Learning Laptop Activity- JDaniel4’s Mom
- Name – Farm Themed Name Recognition – Inspiration Laboratories
- Numbers – Farm Animal Math – My Storytime Corner
- Sensory – Farm Themed Sensory Bin-The Moments at Home and Easy Farm Animal Dump and Sort for Toddlers- Toddler Approved
- Science – Egg Science Experiment With Inertia – Preschool Powol Packets
- Pre-Writing – Scissor Skills Printable To Help The Baby Farm Animals Find Their Moms – To Be A Kid Again
- Movement – Farm Animal Dice Game – My Bored Toddler and Farm Animal Domino Game – Rainy Day Mum
- Shapes – Click Clack Moo Activity with Shapes – The Educators’ Spin On It