The Virtual Book Club for Kids is back this week and I’m excited to be co-hosting again along with the lovely hosts Kristina (Toddler Approved), Cerys (Rainy Day Mum) and Kim (The Educators Spin on It).
The magic of books doesn’t end when you turn the last page. Books can live on through activities, arts and crafts that extend the ideas in the book whilst having fun learning through play.
Each week the Virtual Book Club for Kids will share a featured book and lots of activities related to that book for you to join in the fun with. The book club is aimed at ages 2 – 5 years old and activities cover things such as numbers, alphabet, colours, movement and sensory to name a few.
Weekly Book List for 2017 / 2018
Below is the list of the books for September and October (affiliate links) with the theme for that week in brackets. I’ll also update with my related activity each week.
- Sept 11- Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins (Apples) Apple Tree Playdough
- Sept 18- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert (Leaves) Spell Your Name with Leaves
- Sept 25- Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt (Acorns & Squirrels)
- Oct 2 – Click Clack Moo, Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin (Farm)
- Oct 9- Go Away Big Green Monster by Ed Emberley (Monsters)
- Oct 16- Five Little Pumpkins by Dan Yaccarino (Pumpkins)
- Oct 23- Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson (Witches & Potions)
- Oct 30- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon (Bats)
November and December Books:
Are you ready to join the fun?
Joining in the book club fun is easy, free and there is no pressure. Do as many or as little of the activities as you like.
If you don’t already have the featured book for the week see if you can borrow it from your local library to read with your kids. Then head over to the Virtual Book Club for Kids Facebook Group and be inspired by lots of activities related to that week’s theme to try with your little ones.
Don’t forget to share your activities with us all as well in the Facebook group. See you there!