Here’s our second recipe for the A – Z Cooking with Kids Blog Hop and we’re sharing our R is for Raspberry Cheesecake recipe (earlier I shared our S if for Super Easy Sausage Rolls recipe). This is the first time G has helped me make these and I think she did a great job!
These are by no means a healthy treat but they were fun to make and tasted delicious.
(makes 5 cheesecakes)
- 8 digestive biscuits (we used chocolate ones)
- 50g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 250g Mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- Raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries for decoration
- Vanilla essence
How to make Raspberry Cheesecakes
This was the first time making this recipe with G (4 years old) and she really enjoyed trying something new.
1. Firstly we bashed up the biscuits by placing them inside a zip-loc bag and using a rolling pin.
2. Next we melted the butter in the microwave and added this to a bowl and mixed in the crushed biscuits. Once combined we divided out between 5 ramekins and pressed down very lightly.
3. Next we added a spoonful of jam to each of the biscuits bases. You could also use fresh raspberries (but we didn’t have enough) or miss this out altogether. This proved a bit tricky for G as it kept lifting up the biscuits but we got there in the end.
4. Next we mixed the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl by gently combining with a fork and then adding a bit dollop to each of the ramekins.
5. We then put them in fridge to set for a few hours and added on some fresh raspberries before serving. I think some of the Little Tots found these very sweet so couldn’t finish but J throughly enjoyed every last bit!
We’re linking this post up with the Cooking With Kids A – Z Summer Blog Hop hosted by 3 Princesses and 1 Dude so don’t forget to check out all the other great recipes for lots of inspiration and get cooking with your little ones.