Tonight the Little Tots have enjoyed one of their favourite meals – make your own pizzas. I’m not really sure if these easy pizzas kids can make can be classed as an actual recipe as it’s so simple. We make these together a lot and the Little Tots love helping and building their own pizza.
- Tomato puree
- Toppings – anything goes. We enjoy cheese, ham, pineapple, sweetcorn, tuna, peppers, mushrooms, chicken, pepparoni, tomatoes or whatever we can find!
Easy make your own pizza
1. Firstly I set out the wraps, tomato puree and little bowls with whatever toppings have been requested.
2. The Little Tots then squeeze a generous dollop of tomato puree onto the wrap and spread round covering it as much as they can.
3. Next they add their chosen toppings, they sometimes surprise me with their choices as even the fussier eaters throw on handfuls of veggies or things they’ve never tried before.
4. Once finished we put in the oven for around 10 minutes at 180 degrees or until they look ready
Once cooled I cut them into smaller pieces (trying to remember who made which pizza) and served with salad.
There’s always clean plates all round when we make these and babies right through to school children love them and when you know what’s gone in them these pizzas are such a healthy alternative compared to shop brought ones (and they taste so much better!).
As well as wraps we’ve also used puff pastry, bagels, french bread and English muffins to make these quick and easy pizzas. They’re a great way to use up any ingredients at the end of the week and perfect for those times when you haven’t planned anything for tea.
We’ve also made these on playdates before as a lunchtime treat and they always go down well.
If you’re little ones enjoy making these super easy cheats pizza why not try some of our other recipes? Check our our Broccoli & Cheese Muffins which is our most popular recipe or Baby J’s favourite – Banana Pancakes or try Georgia’s favourite and a great alternative to making pizzas with wraps – Cheese & Apple Quesadillas.