I absolutely love these chicks and lambs by Nurturestore and I knew my Little Tots would have great fun having a go at making their own. So this morning we have made our own Easter Chicks craft and they turned out so cute.
As my little ones are a bit younger I pre-cut the materials when setting up this little invitation to create but the rest was up to them.
You will need:
- Strong card
- Googly eyes
- Orange foam or card
- Different textured yellow materials – we used wool, feathers, tissue paper, foam and paper
How to make Easter Chicks
1 Firstly I cut out different sized chick outlines from an old cardboard box followed by a beak shape from the orange card.
2. Next I laid out the materials and raided our scraps box for lots of different texture yellow materials
3. Then I set out with the glue and googly eyes and let the Little Tots create their chicks.
This Easter chicks craft was quick to put together and we already had everything we needed so was a great craft to pull together last minute.
It’s also suitable for multiple ages, as long as your little one can glue and stick they can have fun making these chicks.
We now have a whole family of these chicks and we had to go back to make more (2 chicks each wasn’t enough). They’re currently being used in our Easter tuff spot looking after the eggs and there’s lots of imaginative play going on.
The Little Tots also made a nest for the chicks using an old shoe box and shredded paper and have enjoyed feeding them fish and sausages as apparently that’s their favourite!
More Easter fun:
If you’re little ones enjoyed making these why not try
- Make easy paper plate chicks
- Have a go at these Lego Print Easter Eggs from The Imagination Tree
- Bake some Easter egg nests (chocolate cornflake cakes with Mini Eggs on top)
- Try our cotton bud Easter Egg Decorating to work those fine motor skills
- Have fun with these Easter Playdough Mats from Twinkl