My own little girl Georgia has never been a fan of chicken and since she made the connection between the chicken we eat and the chickens we see on the farm she’s stopped eating it altogether. I’ve tried several different ways of serving it to make it more appealing with no luck. So we came up with this simple Crispy Chicken Dippers recipe that she could make with me and had her favourite cereal in – Rice Krispies.
(These are approximate amounts only. Its a good idea to have extra on hand especially as little hands sometimes use up more ingredients)
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 100g of Rice Kripies (we used the Aldi version).
How to make Crispy Chicken Dippers:
1. Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees (for fan assisted ovens)
2. Set out the flour, beaten egg and cereal in separate bowls and place the Rice Krispies in a zip lock bag.
3. Crush the Rice Krispies with a rolling pin (G’s favourite part).
4. Dip the chicken pieces in the flour, followed by the egg followed by the cereal and lay on a non stick baking tray.
5. Place in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden
We served with homemade chips and peas. Amazingly when these were ready to eat it was the first thing G went for despite there being chips on her plate which is one of her favourite foods. I think the combination of making them with me and the fact it had Rice Krispies in meant she had no reservations about getting stuck straight in.
This is a great recipe to get children involved with cooking in the kitchen as well as being extra messy to add to the fun.