I provide children in my care with healthy homemade meals, snacks and drinks that I prepare myself.
I encourage children to choose healthy options and to experiment by trying new foods from other cultures. Older children are encouraged to help in the preparation of food and meals as well as clearing away.
I am happy to discuss menus with parents and cater for children with different food allergies and cultural/religious requirements. If your child has any particular dislikes or favourite dishes please let me know.
You can find some of my recipes on my blog here.
I do not provide infant formula or jars of baby food within my fees. Parents must provide adequate formula along with sterilised bottles.
I support parents in their chosen weaning methods whether its baby led weaning or puree. Until your baby is able to eat the items on the menus below please provide me with your own purred meals or jars.
Sweets and cakes:
I do not encourage children to eat sweets on a regular basis, however I do sometimes offer cakes and biscuits etc for special occasions such as birthdays or if we have made something ourselves.
Below are examples of the things I offer:
- Boiled eggs
- Sandwiches – cheese, ham, tuna, jam, cheese spread, chicken
- Jacket potatoes – tuna, baked beans, cheese
- Cheese or beans on toast
- Homemade soup and crusty bread roll
- Vegetable batons such as carrots, peppers and cucumber and cherry tomatoes – with homemade hummus
- Fresh fruit
- Fish pie / cottage pie / shepherd’s pie
- Spaghetti bolognese
- Sausage & Mash
- Tuna pasta bake
- Chicken nuggets / fish fingers and potato wedges
All meals are served with fresh or frozen vegetables
- Fromage Frais
- Sugar-free jelly
- Angel delight
- Rice pudding
- Vegetable batons
- Cheese and crackers,
- Fresh or dried fruit
- and anything we might have made such as buns or biscuits.
Drinks: I provide fresh drinking water throughout the day as well as cow’s milk.