Chocolate Easter Egg Nests are such a classic Easter baking idea and one I remember very fondly making as a child. I’ve been making these with Georgia for several years now so thought I’d finally capture some photos before we ate them all this time to share.
The quantities of the cereal and chocolate are a rough guide only here as we didn’t measure it out. We made 8 in total.
- Shredded Wheat – 2 large ones crushed
- Chocolate (I think we used a 200g bar!)
- Mini Eggs (we used 1 x 100g bag)
As well as Shredded Wheat we have also made these with Cornflakes and Rice Krispies before and they all tasted great.
Not that these need any instructions but firstly we crushed the Shredded Wheat in a bowl with a wooden spoon until it was broken up.
Next we broke the chocolate into pieces and I melted in a bowl over boiling water. Once melted we tipped the shredded wheat into the chocolate bowl and combined until it was completely covered in chocolate.
We then spooned into cup cake cases, placed a few mini eggs on top and left to set in the fridge.
Then enjoy….and be sure to give some to friends and family too!
More Easter fun:
- Make some cute Easter chicks or try this Paper Plate Easter Chick
- Have some science fun with these Erupting Easter Eggs from Adventures and Play
- Give those fine motor skills a work out with some Q-tip Easter Egg Decorating
- If you want a real sweet treat these Caramel Egg Crispy Cakes from 3 Princesess and 1 Dude look amazing!
- Make a batch of Lemon Scented Easter Playdough for a fun invitation to play