Today I have the lovely Maggy from Red Ted Art sharing some of her beautiful Valentine’s activities with us with her 9 Valentine Crafts for Young Children.
Valentine’s Day is such a sweet, loving holiday. For children it is all about friendship and showing kindness. If your kids are like mine, they love holidays because it is a fun reason to decorate the house, do themed valentines activities for preschool, and of course give Valentine Cards to their friends and family.
Any reason to do all that is good reason for them, but Valentine’s Day seems extra sweet. Even when they’re small, children can love Valentine’s Day and even more with these fun activities.
1. These cute Yarn Wrapped Hearts are fun and easy for even little kids to make. They are a fun way to practice fine motor skills and would make such a sweet gift or decoration for the home.
2. If you’re like me you have a basket of broken, well used crayons just waiting to be put to a new use. These Heart Suncatchers are a beautiful way to use up those old crayons and have a festive Valentine’s Day window!
3. We love when we can do a craft that is inspired by our favourite children’s books. This CD Rainbow Fish Craft is the perfect Valentine’s Day craft to do while reading The Rainbow Fish!
4. Recycled crafts are one of my favourites because it’s turning the old into new, the trash into treasure. These Milk Carton Bird Houses look anything but recycled. They are so stinkin’ cute I wanted to leave it up all year long.
5. Burlap is a great fabric for kids to work with and creating potato stamps is always fun. This Valentine Inspired Bunting is perfect for a mantle or doorway!
6. We like to give grandparents something special on Valentine’s Day and these homemade tea lights are extra special. They are inspired by the holiday but make beautiful decoration all year long!
7. Frames are also a spectacular keepsake gift. These heart frames are covered in pom poms which is super fun but also easy for even little, little kids to do. These are the things that I will keep forever and ever.
8. Have you tried marbleizing paint with shaving cream? It is so much fun even for the kids who don’t like to do traditional art and craft projects. Turning the marbleized paper into sweet valentine cards is a fantastic idea!
9. Colouring is a classic childhood favourite (and something I still enjoy). These fun Valentine’s Day Pictures to Color are a perfect afternoon activity to add to the fridge gallery. It would also make a super sweet Valentine to give to a friend or loved one.
Don’t you love the look on your child’s face when he or she gives you something handmade just for you? It’s priceless and something I never get bored seeing!
These Valentine’s Day crafts are so much fun and great activities for kids of all ages, even little ones. They make fabulous gifts for friends and loved ones or to decorate the home in a festive Valentine inspired way. Which is your favourite?